Okay, all you wanna be corporate social media flacks, repeat after me:
- Brands don’t blog…people do.
- A new theme doesn’t make up for lack of compelling content.
- Do not expect your developer/designer to make up for your lack of a content strategy.
- If you can’t find one person in the corporation worthy of blogging in the first person, you shouldn’t have a blog.
- If you fancy yourself the market leader, then blog like it, damn it!
- We do not do “flavor of the month” development.
- I will not let my developers replace functional, working systems just because they want to.
- I will not open my mouth in meetings unless I have something worthwhile to say.
- I will speak up when I hear a really bad idea, and I will explain clearly why its a bad idea.
- Any idea involving bacon, cup cakes, lol cats or a bar tab bigger than the company ad budget is not worth anyone’s time.
- Simply parroting someone else’s good idea is not the same as having a good idea yourself.
- Just because you’re now working in social media doesn’t mean you invented it. There were a lot of us here a LONG time before you were.
Okay, let’s see some worthy additions in the comments section…