Mary Schmidt had a great Thanksgiving post yesterday, and I thought I’d post my own list of things I’m thankful for:
- Friends and family of course.
- Having this creative outlet (thanks Dave Churbuck for the push).
- I thank God that I can swim well, and that I’m not swimming now.
- For the people that put a smile on my face.
- That I love my work because I spend so much time doing it.
- My customers and readers, they are the best!
The rest is just gravy, but here is the more mundane list:
- MP3s and the devices that play them.
- What did we do without wireless?
- IM – the only reason my ear hasn’t fallen off.
- Microsoft natural keyboards, the only reason I can still move my fingers.
- Skype, because hour long conference calls to the UK shouldn’t cost more than your mortgage payment.
- My Thinkpad, for reminding me about all the incredible features that my last laptop didn’t have.
- The My Book, because everyone should be able to store information by the Terabyte.
- Archive.org and all the artists and tapers who’ve posted their music.
And while we’re at it, why not the items I hope to by thankful for next year:
- The continued health and prosperity of my family, friends, customers and indeed, all of you.
- That every day was better than the last.
- That I spent all my days with positive, smiling people.
- My Lenovo Thinkpad X60.
- A publishing deal for my next book.
- For having a next book that was worthy of publishing.
- For my secret personal wish that is but mine to know…