Okay, the next one that wishes me a “White Christmas” gets a candy cane where the Star of Bethlehem don’t shine…
We’ve gotten to the point that we’re pushing the panic button for everything these days. So it snowed for a couple days. Still it’s only a little over a half a cubit of snow, and it’s the fluffy stuff at that. Not nearly the “Snowmageddon” that was predicted.
A few random thoughts from the snow storm:
- Another plow truck transmission has fallen prey to the machine killer that is my driveway.
- Not all plow drivers are created the same – I watch one guy attempt to plow my driveway with what looked like one of the nicest new plow truck I’ve seen in a while. He came perilously close to getting it stuck in the driveway and decided the job wasn’t for him.
- It’s good to have friends. My buddy Norman Berube of Norman Construction in Douglas, MA got me squared away. Josh Berube, his brother is now my plow guy.
- Note to Walmart and Brahma Boots: “waterproof” when referring to boots normally means that water will not penetrate the boot no matter how long you stand in water or snow. Your boots failed the test miserably.
- The good news is that leaky boots are easily solved with a heavy coating of Bear Grease. Funny to find a variant that actually uses bear fat – since the tanneries are all about removing fat from leather in their process.
- I regret not upgrading to the “thinsulate” option in the boots.
- Snow tires on a 2wd pickup are good. Snow tires that are worn down to the point that they look like racing slicks, not so good…
- Cold weather and dubious batteries are a match made in heaven. No wait, that match comes from the other place…
- The first snow brings out the snowtards.
It’s looking like it’s gonna be a long hard winter. Get used to it folks.